WATERLOO, Ontario, July 30, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq: DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced that the Descartes ShipRush™ cloud-based ecommerce shipping solution now fully supports both parcel and less-than-truckload (LTL) freight to provide companies with a single platform to meet their shipping requirements. Descartes ShipRush makes it easier for customers to evaluate parcel and LTL options to make better shipping decisions for their requirements.
The benefits of adding LTL freight to Descartes ShipRush include:
- Parcel and LTL freight in one solution – offers an extensive list of national and regional LTL freight carriers and the ability to access both parcel and LTL services in one solution.
- Side-by-side carrier rate shopping for LTL freight – simplifies the process of sorting through the many carrier options and factors to determine cost-effective LTL shipment alternatives.
- Substantial savings on bulk shipments and large items – helps to determine when and how to use LTL, which can result in up to 50 percent in shipping savings versus parcel. Parcel shippers that occasionally need to ship a bulk order or an item that is too big or expensive for parcel now have an easy way to compare options.
- Automate best practices – standardizes and streamlines shipping decisions to help ensure the correct procedures are followed, cost-effective options are selected and the time to make shipping decisions is reduced.
- LTL freight capabilities access the same rich Descartes ShipRush functionality – connects ecommerce companies to over 80 marketplaces, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and accounting solutions. Download and manage orders, rate shop, print shipping labels and keep accounting current with one solution.
“As a multi-channel business, ZUP's shipping needs are complex. We process both individual marketplace orders and large palletized orders for our network of dealers,” said Nick Kierpiec, director of operations for ZUP. “The ability to do everything in one platform, including process incoming orders and rate shop the best price and delivery options for parcel and LTL, saves us both time and money.”
Descartes ShipRush is a cloud-based shipping solution and part of Descartes’ ecommerce suite. Descartes offers industry-leading capabilities for companies that need an ecommerce-enabled shipping solution, and for carriers and logistic service providers wanting to offer superior customer service through white-labelled shipping tools with managed service options.
“Descartes continues to drive ecommerce shipping innovation by bringing together LTL freight, parcel shipping and rate shopping on a cost-effective platform for ecommerce companies,” said Troy Graham, Senior Vice President, Business Development for Descartes Systems Group. “These combined capabilities help companies, like ZUP, remove the guesswork from choosing the best combination of cost and service for their shipments.”
For more information, please visit https://shiprush.com/shiprushltlfreight.
Inspired by the desire to see everyone on his boat find success while learning how to ride, the Williamsburg-VA based ZUP grew out of the need to make sure that everyone could participate in water sports. Daydreaming in the garage led to prototypes made from wood (don’t worry, we wore helmets!), and ultimately into the ZUP brand you know and love today. Quality, safety, and functionality are what drives us to design products that work well for all ages and abilities. All this innovation led to appearing on the popular ABC series, Shark Tank, and winning the 2018 WSIA Innovation of the Year award. For more information, please visit www.zup.com.
Descartes (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com, and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.