The surveys conducted by Morgan Stanley provide an in-depth look into the current state of the supply chain and logistics industry. We are grateful to Morgan Stanley for allowing us to share these results with our readers, since industry benchmarks like these are crucial in helping logistics professionals with their strategic planning.
Some key takeaways from the parcel section:
- Ground volume growth outlook continues to separate from air and international
- Shippers' expectations decrease slightly, as they anticipate less than two percent average parcel base rate increase over the next six months
- More shippers' expectations for B2C as a percentage of total parcel shipment remain unchanged
- Shippers view price as a more important driver than service for switching ground and air parcel carriers, though the spread between price and service for ground narrows
- According to shippers, discounts have increased for FDX air and ground but decreased for UPS air and ground
This is just a snippet of what these results contain. I know it's a lot of information, but when you have the time, the full PDF is an enlightening read. If you'd like to read the most recent survey results prior to this article, you can access those here. Enjoy!
View Spring 2017 Morgan Stanley Results.pdf